Monday, September 3, 2018

Got Bugs? This stuff will wipe them out!

I recently discovered mealybugs on my Hoya plant. Grrrrrr. I couldn't understand how they got into my pristine plant environment: I hadn't added anything new in that room for a while yet there they were, sticky white remnants where the leaves met branches.

After hosing down the plant in the sink, I immediately ordered a container of "Systemic Houseplant Insect Control" and got to work, adding it in the prescribed amount to all of the plants in the environment. After a few weeks, no more infestation.

Now you don't want to go using a product like this on food you're going to eat, nor do you want pets or kids getting into the stuff. But it works, and works well, eradicating the little buggers by poisoning them from the inside of the plant. "Systemic" insecticides work by introducing itself via the roots and circulating throughout the entire plant, killing off various bugs that dare dine on it.

Highly recommended that you keep an eye on your plants, for apparently infestations can hit you even after a few years of a clean environment.  Here's the product I purchased:

Systemic Houseplant Insect Control
From Amazon.Com